Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bargain Shopping - J.Crew Majesty Peacoat in Navy Review


J.CREW Majesty Peacoat in Navy

From the website:

A timeless peacoat, crafted in our exclusive stadium-cloth that's made especially for us by Italy's famed Nello Gori mill. Inspired by the fabric used in old-school stadium blankets, it adds warmth without the bulk.

Tailored for a fitted look.
Body length: 28 1/2".
Sleeve length: 32 3/4".
Hits at hip.
Italian wool/polyamide.
Notch collar.
Back belt.
Welt pockets.
Back vent.
Lined.

Retail price: $298 
What I paid: $167
Where I bought it: JCrew.com



I've ordered this coat 4 times... Once in size 0 Petite, then 0, then twice in 00. For reference I'm a little over 5', 105 lbs, and I have slightly longer-than-average arms. I bought the 0 Petite on sale in the spring for $140 but the arms were too short on me. I repurchased the jacket in size 0 at the same price and thought all was good. But I kept trying it on in the summer (I was sweating bullets in the wool coat. I'm crazy, I know.) because it just didn't look that good for some reason. I'm new to buying clothes in women sizes so I didn't think I could be a 00. When the coat came back in stock, I got it in 00 just to see if that would fit better (they don't sell that size in stores so you can't try it on). It did. What a world of difference it makes when something actually fits you! So, I returned it and waited until a sale popped up again to repurchase it. As for the size 0 that was way past the return period, it found a nice new owner through eBay =)

I bought it again when the coat was on sale for $278. That isn't a lot, but it allowed me to use the extra 40% off sale styles promo which brought it down to ~$167. I could have waited until the spring when they have their final sales, but I've waited long enough to wear this jacket! I wore it for the first time this past weekend and I love it! I would say it is warm enough for >30F weather, especially if you wear a sweater underneath. 

Like my sexy back? ;)

Some of the reviews online said the buttons come off really easily but I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood). The buttons are super gorgeous and are part of the reason I wanted this specific coat. Hopefully, if they do come off, I'll be able to save the buttons because it just wouldn't be the same without them. Another thing is that the coat will attract lint so have a lint roller ready if you want it in a dark color.


Right now there are several colors of this coat on sale for $199.99 - $278 and there are promos for an extra 30 - 40% off. It is a good time to grab this if you want it for this winter. Unfortunately, the navy one is not currently on sale but it could go back on sale in the future so keep your eyes out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment